Photographs are an integral part of the Farm Stay U.S. website, telling our
stories in pictures. For the farmer or rancher, it
might be a newborn calf or a hayfield at harvest; for the
guest, eggs found by a child or a backdrop of buffalo against
majestic mountains. Photos connect us.
With that in mind, we're having a contest!
Submission Deadline: December 31, 2011, 11:59PM,
We want to find six
wonderful images to feature as our rotating photographs on the Home
page of Farm Stay U.S. The winning photos will have photographer
credit, link directly to the farm or ranch of origin, and will be
seen by every visitor to the site. Additionally, winners will
receive a copy of the book The Dirty Life, by
Kristin Kimball, and an "Eat. Love. Farm" or "Who's Your Farmer?"
How to participate:
- Take photos at your farm/ranch/vineyard stay, and encourage
your guests to do so too!
- Submit photos to the 'We Love Farm Stays & Guest Ranches' Flickr
pool. Instructions can be found on both the For Farms tab, and the For Guests tab on our
- The photos do not need to be newly taken as of this
announcement. They may be older photos from your farm stay.
- Photos may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in lieu
of posting on Flickr. Farm Stay U.S. staff will then post the
photos to the group.
- Photos must be submitted by the photographers themselves, must
be titled with the farm name, and have a tag of
- Photos should be horizontal and have a minimum size of 620x290
- There is no limit on the number of photographs that can be
submitted by one photographer. Flickr only allows six photos to be
submitted at one time to the group, so if you have more, please
continue to submit them separately.
- Winners will be selected by our panel of three impartial judges
and the announcement will be made by the end of January,
- Winners will be contacted via Flickr, so be sure to use a
working email address when you register there.
- Photographers retain all rights to their photos. By entering
this contest, the photographer agrees that their photo may be used
on the Farm Stay U.S. website and in other promotional
with any questions about the contest or the submission